Buckle up for the Legion of Zoom!
Holy Hubcaps! Cartoonito is revving up for “Batwheels,” announced on May 19 the DC Super-Villain voice cast lineup. Gina Rodriguez (“Jane the Virgin”) as Catwoman, Xolo Maridueña (“Cobra Kai”) as Snowy the Snowcrawler and Tom Kenny (“Spongebob Squarepants”) as Crash, lead the talented cast voicing some of Batman’s most iconic adversaries in the upcoming preschool action-adventure animated comedy.
The villains will go bumper-to-bumper against the heroes of “Batwheels” voiced by the previously announced cast led by Ethan Hawke (as Batman), Jacob Bertrand (as Bam the Batmobile) and AJ Hudson (as Duke Thomas/Robin). Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, the series will race onto Cartoonito on HBO Max and Cartoon Network this fall.
The evil counterpart to the heroic Batwheels, the Legion of Zoom is a team of sentient vehicles brought to computerized life by Badcomputer, the new ultimate computer of the DC Universe. They, like the Batwheels, are essentially kids with little to no life experience. However, unlike the Batwheels, “The Zooms” are under Badcomputer’s malevolent guidance and often don’t make the best decisions. Prank, the Jokermobile and the rest of the villainous squad wreak havoc on Gotham City alongside The Joker, Catwoman, Harley Quinn and more of the Caped Crusader’s infamous rogues gallery.
The complete DC Super-Villain voice cast lineup includes:
• Griffin Burns (The Addams Family 2) as Prank—The Joker’s favorite ride, Prank is tricked out with all manner of pernicious pranks—confetti cannons, a joy buzzer and the like. Prank is often more interested in having a good laugh at someone’s expense than carrying out a plan.
• Alexandra Novelle as Jetstah— Harley Quinn’s souped-up ATV, Jetstah displays all of the same obnoxious irreverence as her owner, along with an even bigger, badder giant mallet! Jetstah is full of tricks and loves to mock and tease the Batwheels as they chase her through the streets of Gotham City.
• SungWon Cho as Badcomputer—Badcomputer will not rest until he reigns supreme as the most advance computer intelligence in Gotham City—a title threatened by the hyper-advanced Batcomputer. As a being of refined intellect, Badcomputer holds little patience for the humbling antics of the Legion of Zoom, but fueled by his unrelenting jealousy of Batcomputer’s impressive hardware, he’ll have to settle for the tools he has at his disposal. It’s hard to get good help these days…
• Gina Rodriguez (Jane the Virgin) as Catwoman—The sneakiest of our Super-Villains, Catwoman loves to utilize her stealth and cunning to get her claws on the shiniest of trinkets and baubles Gotham City has to offer. Though she prefers to work alone, Catwoman is no stranger to playing both sides—good or bad—in order to get what she wants.
• Mick Wingert (What If?) as The Joker—The ultimate prankster, all The Joker wants is to make everyone laugh…No matter how far he needs to go! The Joker revels in pushing Batman’s buttons, and if it means he can sneak off with a few bundles of cash from the bank in the process, even better! The Joker rarely takes anything seriously, but nothing makes his blood boil quite like getting burned by Batman.
• Chandni Parekh (Big Nate) as Harley Quinn—Harley Quinn is the hyper kid on the block with no boundaries. She’s all about fun all the time—and what’s more fun than dunking on Batman? Nothing! Harley’s got a penchant for fast-paced heists and daredevil antics. Watch out for that mallet!
• James Arnold Taylor (Star Wars: The Clone Wars & Rebels) as Toyman—Toyman loves nothing but playing with the latest and greatest toys—the only problem is, his idea of “toys” increasingly seems to encompass volatile high-technology. All he wants to do is play in peace, but that pesky Batman keeps ruining his playdates. He might be a bit of a choking hazard for the Caped Crusader.
Previously announced DC Super Heroes joining Hawke’s Batman, Bertrand’s Bam, and Hudson’s Robin include the rest of the Batwheels team—Bibi (The Batgirl Cycle) voiced by Madigan Kacmar, Redbird (Robin’s Sports Car) voiced by Jordan Reed, The Batwing voiced by Lilimar, and Buff (The Bat Truck) voiced by Noah Bentley —plus Bat-family member Cassandra Cain/Batgirl voiced by Leah Lewis. The Batwheels are cared for by their trainer and mother figure Batcomputer, voiced by Kimberly D. Brooks, and Batman’s robot repairman Mo, voiced by Mick Wingert.
They are a team of incredible crimefighters who have banded together to oppose evil, combat crime and clean up the streets of Gotham City. They are…OK, they’re NOT Batman and Robin. They’re the Batwheels—an awesome group of sentient super-powered crime-fighting vehicles defending Gotham City alongside Batman, Robin, Batgirl and a host of DC Super Heroes.
Having just been created by the Batcomputer, our heroes are essentially kids with little to no life experience. Led by Bam (The Batmobile), the Batwheels—Bibi (The Batgirl Cycle), Redbird (Robin’s Sports Car), The Batwing and Buff (The Bat Truck)—must navigate the growing pains of being a newly formed super team as well as the growing pains that come with just being a kid. This relatable and aspirational series will follow the journey of this dynamic team as they thrill and entertain with their heroic adventures as well as demonstrate to kids the value of self-confidence, friendship and teamwork.
Sam Register (Looney Tunes Cartoons) serves as executive producer. Michael G. Stern (Doc McStuffins) serves as co-executive producer, Simon J. Smith (Penguins of Madagascar) is supervising producer and Steven Fink of Bang Zoom Ltd. is producer.