Get ready for warm weather
Happy April readers! As the weather begins to change and we start enjoying our outdoor activities, remember to stay hydrated, stretch and fuel your body with healthy foods. Should you need some assistance returning to your outdoor activities, whether you are an athlete or enjoy a leisurely stroll through your neighborhood, give us a call! Below are some quick tips to keep you safe as your return outside.
• Hydrate before, during and after your activities
• Aim to drink water and drinks that have electrolytes.
• Trouble staying hydrated, buy a fun water bottle that has time stamps on the side to keep you on track throughout the day
• Stretch before and after your activity to help decrease the risk of injury.
• Dynamic stretching are stretches that actively move your joints and muscles. For example, butt kicks, arm circles or walking lunges.
• Static stretching are stretches where you hold a single position for a specific amount of time. For example, a standing calf stretch at the wall, seated hamstring stretch or standing shoulder stretch.
Choose healthy foods
• Apples are a great snack and can be used in recipes from pork to pie. They are a good source of Vitamin C, fiber and potassium.
• Bananas – natural sweetness that are high in Vitamin B6, magnesium, potassium, prebiotic fiber and easy-to-digest carbohydrates.
• Frozen berries taste great in smoothies, pies, pancakes, oatmeal and yogurt. Berries are rich in antioxidants and high in fiber.
Call your local NovaCare Rehabilitation in partnership with AtlantiCare today or visit novacare.com to learn more. You can contact NovaCare Rehabilitation, located at the Blueberry Crossing Plaza, 240 S. White Horse Pike, Suite C-6 at (609) 561-5308 or visit novacare.com.