Improve your golf swing and prevent injuries
Golf is a challenging, yet skillful game that takes hard work, patience and practice to excel. Mastering your golf swing is the most frustrating component of the game.
However, no matter how expensive the golf clubs or your level of experience, if your body is not physically prepared for each round of golf, the probability of injury will increase.
The majority of injuries are due to swing faults, poor conditioning and loss of flexibility and strength. It is recommended to consult with a golf professional or physical therapist to prevent injuries due to poor biomechanics or lack of conditioning.
Here are a few tips to reduce your risk of injury during your golf game:
• Warm up with a five-minute walk prior to your first swing.
• Take a few practice swings starting with your pitching wedge and gradually working to your driver.
• Practice your golf swing in the opposite direction.
• Stretch your body from top to bottom to improve flexibility.
• Stretch halfway through the round.
• Participate in a strengthening and flexibility routine for a more efficient swing.
Good golfers also need good balance! Exercise programs should include balance training.
Call your local NovaCare Rehabilitation center today or visit novacare.com to learn more about how our clinical experts can help you with your golf swing and staying injury-free! You can contact Samantha Hvasta, DPT, manager at NovaCare Rehabilitation located at the Blueberry Crossing Plaza at (609) 561-5308 or visit novacare.com.